Whether you're new to programming or wanting to sharpen your skills, Delaware Innovation Week's Dev Conference is perfect for you. We will have workshops on different programming languages to start the day and dive into dev talk and panel discussions on topics such as cloud technologies, blockchain and machine learning.
Choose one of the following workshops:
- Introduction to Go
10:30 AM | Registration & Networking
11:00 AM | Workshops Begin
12:30 PM | Lunch Break
1:00 PM | Workshops Resume
2:00 PM | Workshops End
Introduction to Go with Instructor: Kristofer Younger, Zip Code Wilmington
What is this course about? Go was designed and developed to make working in this environment more productive. Besides its better-known aspects such as built-in concurrency and garbage collection, Go's design considerations include rigorous dependency management, the adaptability of software architecture as systems grow, and robustness across the boundaries between components. Get a quick intro to Go’s coolest features.
Greenfoot with Instructor Leon Hunter, Zip Code Wilmington
What is this course about? Greenfoot is an educational tool designed by University of Kent with a built-in IDE and GUI (Graphical User Interface). An IDE is the text-editor that allows a person to write and run code. A GUI is a user interface that allows interactions through graphical icons and visual indicators rather than text-based user interfaces.
- How is this tool different? When learning to write computer code, the result of a project is often a text-based display. This traditional approach to teaching is effective, but it often fails to cater to the learning style of many people who prefer graphical display. Greenfoot allows users to write code that immediately affects the display with graphical icons and visual indicators.
- Is this a drag and drop tool? Greenfoot is somewhat of a drag and drop tool. However, each of its drag and drop features has a programmatic equivalent to make transitioning between GUI-based and text-based programming easier.
- Who is this for? The tool is targets anyone interested in a visual display of code as they are learning object-orientated programming.
With a mix of case studies and a panel discussion, speakers will present talks focused around today's trending problem solving tools and innovative solutions. You will hear about topics on cloud technologies, machine learning and blockchain.
2:00 PM | Registration, Networking
2:30 PM | Opening Remarks
2:45 PM | Program Begins
3:35 - 4:20 PM | An Insiders Perspective on Software Engineering in Healthcare. Hear from a panel of Software Development Engineers from the award winning Health & Technology Innovation Center at Christiana Care who will discuss what it’s like to be a Software Developer today in the healthcare industry.
- Moderated by: Catherine Burch, Head of the Health & Technology Innovation Center at Christiana Care
- John DiGiovanni, Innovation Architect at Christiana Care
- Jonathan Meade, Principal Software Development Engineer at Christiana Care
- Erwin Bautista, Senior Software Development Engineer in the Health & Technology Innovation Center at Christiana Care
4:20 PM | Break
4:35 PM | Program Resumes
5:30 PM | Program Ends
Check back for more details!
Following Dev Talks, join us at our Dev Happy Hour to mingle with the local tech community! Click here for the latest and greatest details.